Marine Hall Gardens, Fleetwood
The Marine Hall and the Marine Hall Gardens, Fleetwood were first opened in 1935. The area is home to gardens and bowling greens, some of which saw a transformation at the end of 2011 to create a new space for the future. Funding was secured by Wyre Council through the Sea Change scheme which aims to regenerate seaside towns through arts and attractions, along with a generous donation from the Lofthouse family and famous makers of Fisherman’s Friends which are made in Fleetwood. A programme of public consultation involved local people to find out how they used the space in the past, and what they thought about its development for the future. Work on site started in the autumn of 2011, completed in Spring of 2012, to create a multi-use performance space at the front of the Marine Hall. (Images courtesy of BCA Landscape, Liverpool).