Our commitment to doing the right thing ensures we have an enduring impact on the people and places we connect with through our work
Hardscape offers its people freedom at work, unmatched leadership & the opportunity to grow along with the organisation. The work environment is filled with opportunities for challenging, interesting & motivating projects that add value to an employee’s professional skill sets & bring a sense of fulfilment.
Working at Hardscape offers you diversity in work and career. We trust and care for our people, who are the foundation of our business, empowering them to take responsibilities. At each level in your career we offer you learning and leadership opportunities which would allow you to contribute towards our business growth.
We help lead, design and deliver positive change. By empowering our people and working collaboratively, we help realise a shared vision for public spaces – together.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard!
General Manager - Bolton, Logistics North
Position: General Manager
Location: Bolton – Logistics North
Salary: Starting salary £40,000 + (negotiable, dependent on experience) + company car and benefits package.
Hardscape is a 25-year established business working at the forefront of quality paving material supply, selected by the worlds’ leading designers. With offices and Material labs strategically located throughout the UK we provide a Value operation to this sector. We have and continue to be involved with striking projects throughout the UK and Ireland’s major town and city iconic projects. We have a state-of-the-art manufacturing unit in Bolton which provides logistical solutions for our clients and production of intricate modules for incorporation in projects in the exciting market sector Hardscape are involved with. We are looking to recruit an experienced General Manager to oversee the running of this facility at Logistics North, in Bolton.
The General Manager role will involve:
- Managing and motivating an expanding team of office staff and production operatives.
- Linking the commercial objectives of the business with the day to day running of our 60,000 sq. ft ultra-modern production facility.
- Knowledge of shaping materials using CNC, waterjet, sandblasting and laser machinery.
- Being proactive in seeking new production methods and maximising our capacity with a dynamic approach.
- Managing logistics from a stock management and distribution approach.
- Reporting to the Operations Director and developing/providing weekly production and commercial reports.
- Building relationships with supply chain and customers alike.
- Developing lean working practices, delivering excellence and contributing to company growth.
- Overseeing H&S at the production facility.
- Ideally candidates should be well educated, possess good I.T skills and be able to demonstrate competence in working in a modern production environment.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years management experience in a similar role.
- Will have a strong commercial back-ground.
- The ability to work in a high-pressure environment and excellent communication skills are essential.
- The right candidate will be hard working, proactive, passionate and able to motivate by leading from the front.
- Good understanding of CAD and technical drawings would be an advantage.
- Awareness of H&S regulations in a production facility is essential.
To apply, please send your CV, together with a covering email to:
Natalie Harthern – firstname.lastname@example.org