Ethical trading initiative
The Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) is a unique alliance of Companies, Trade Unions (TU) and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), working in partnership to improve conditions for workers within supply chains which provide goods to the UK & Ireland consumer market.
Hardscape are Full Members of the ETI having graduated to ‘Achiever’ status within the membership assessment and ranking process. Our vision is a world where all workers are free from exploitation and discrimination, and work in conditions of freedom, security & equity.
Hardscape are committed to the fair treatment of anyone involved in the manufacture of our products and this commitment delivers that we protect your brand by ensuring that a policy based on the ETI Base Code (the internationally recognised standard for labour codes of practice) along with the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights is rolled out in our supply chain thus proving we are actually completing, at ground truth, our stated commitment.
Hardscape are committed to:
- Ensuring employment is freely chosen
- Ensuring Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining by our work force is respected
- Ensuring that working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Ensuring that Child labour will not be used in our production process
- Ensuring that living wages are paid
- Ensuring that working hours are not excessive
- Ensuring that no discrimination on any grounds is practiced in the workforce
- Ensuring that regular employment is provided
- Ensuring that no harsh or inhuman treatment is allowed
- Working with our supply chain partners to ensure a process of continuous, incremental improvement